How to Detox Properly
Do you suffer from weight issues? Allergies? Headaches? Fatigue? Sugar cravings? Muscle/joint pain? High cholesterol? Digestive problems? Disrupted sleep? If so, a good detox is exactly what the Doctor orders. Detox is the process of ridding the body of toxic or unhealthy substances – the very causes of what may be causing some of your unwanted issues. But with all the detox plans and gimmicks in existence, do you know how to detox properly? It’s a new year and we want to help you create a new you!
In today’s world, we are all consistently exposed to toxins – from the foods we eat and the products we touch to the air we breath. Consequently, when there are excess toxins in our body – we may feel sluggish, find issues with our metabolic functioning (i.e. holding onto excess weight), lack focus, have a weaker immune system, experience inflammation, and/or show signs of poor skin/hair/nails.
Studies have shown, however, that by removing excess toxins from your body by detoxing, you will notice a great boost of energy, optimized metabolic functioning, reduced inflammation, healthier skin/hair/nails, improved brain function, improved mood, and overall a rejuvenation of your mind, body, and soul … just to name a few.
But how do you go about detoxing your body? Well, to find out, join us on January 15, 2020 for a free workshop on how to detox properly!
In the meantime, however…try implementing these few tips to begin your body’s detoxification process.
6 Tips on How to Detox Properly:
1) Drink More Water – In addition to aiding in digestion and nutrient absorption, water detoxifies the body by removing waste products via urination, sweating, or breathing. One study suggests, women should drink 2.7 liters of water a day and men 3.7 liters. If you’re not a fan of water, try infusing fruits for a naturally sweeter flavor.
2) Reduce Your Salt, Sugar, and Processed Food Intake – Excess junk food has been linked to obesity, heart disease, chronic disease, diabetes, and cancer! Stop struggling with unhealthy temptations by simply leaving such foods at the store. Keep them out of the kitchen and replace them with healthier food options (i.e. fruits, veggies, and nuts). Additionally, increase your intake of potassium-rich foods (i.e. bananas, spinach, and potatoes) as they help counterbalance some of the negative effects of salt.
3) Boost Your Antioxidant Intake – Vitamin A, C, E, selenium, lycopene, lutein, and zeaxanthin; as well as fruits, veggies, nuts, and even coffee & green tea are great examples of antioxidants. These supplements and foods can help your body with detoxification and give it the power to fights disease. On a side note, when possible, obtain your antioxidants from foods as opposed to supplements.
4) Exercise More Regularly – Regular exercise does more than just get your body summer ready, it helps reduce inflammation and detox your system – thus also protecting against disease.
5) Improve Your Sleeping Habits – Quality sleep is crucial for your body’s natural detoxification process. If you’re not sleeping enough (usually 7 to 9 hours a night), your body does not have the time to perform its necessary functions, such as removing the toxins and recharging your mind and body.
6) Other Tips – Other habits to implement to remove toxins include: limiting alcohol, eating foods with prebiotics (i.e. tomatoes, bananas, asparagus, onions, oats, and garlic), switching to natural cleaning products, using natural beauty and body care products, avoiding plastics, and limiting your contact with electronics (i.e. cell phones).
Detoxing your body is not just a fad, it’s a necessity – particularly if you’re looking to boost your mind, body, and soul.
Again, if you’re in Southern California, join us on January 15, 2020 for a free workshop on how to detox properly! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.